February Health Awareness
Use February to empower yourself to make healthy heart choices.
Health choices would include:
- Avoiding tobacco.
- Reducing trans fats that you eat.
- Increasing fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Reducing sodium in your diet.
- Discuss increasing your physical activity with your health care provider by at least 30 minutes a day.
- Department of Health and Human Services recommends these exercise guidelines: Get at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity.
These changes can reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol and ultimately improve your chances against a heart attack or stroke.
Remember to discuss with your Doctor and know your ABCS:
- Ask your doctor if you should take an Aspirin every day.
- Find out if you have high Blood pressure or Cholesterol, and if you do, get effective treatment.
- If you Smoke, discuss with your doctor or pharmacist on how to quit.
Take control of your health and follow your doctor's orders including your prescription instructions. Your Pharmacist is always available to answer any question you might have about your prescriptions.